Become an Accredited Commercial Mediator
When it comes to resolving disputes, there are no short cuts. South Africa is in need of good mediators for many types of conflicts and disputes, including civil, commercial, employment, workplace, labour/management, medical malpractice, personal injury and community. There is an increasing demand for mediators who are well trained and accredited to locally and internationally recognised standards.
The Commercial Mediator Training offered by Conflict Dynamics will equip you to mediate in most disputes including voluntary mediation court-annexed or directed mediation in terms of the mediation rules for Magistrates' and High Courts.
There is only one course available that will equip you to do all of the above - the mediation skills training offered by Conflict Dynamics since 2007.
Why this course?
- The course complies with international accreditation standards of 40 hours training for mediators, and with the Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Development norm for the training of mediators.
- The course is accredited by the Dispute Settlement Accreditation Council of South Africa (DiSAC).
- Conflict Dynamics is accredited by the South African Board for People Practices (SABPP) and the course is aligned to unit standard 117848, Conduct mediation in situations that require advanced skills (NQF level 5, 12 credits).
- The course is certified by the International Mediation Institute (IMI)
- The course is recognised by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) in the United Kingdom as a basis for mediator accreditation with CEDR and is based on their course. Candidates may apply for CEDR assessment and accreditation at an additional fee.
- The mediator accreditation achieved through this course is recognised by the major mediator provider panels in South Africa.
- More than 300 Conflict Dynamics accredited mediators have also acquired CEDR accreditation.
- The course contains South African related case studies and role-plays.
- The course is presented by very experienced South African lead trainers, all of whom are accredited by CEDR. This course is designed by International Mediation Institute certified mediators.
- Participants receive coaching and assessment by very experienced and trained coaches and assessors who each have more than 10 years of experience as mediators.
- There is a 1:4 ratio of coaches to delegates on the course.
- 8 out of 8 of the Who's Who International Commercial Mediators from South Africa were trained and accredited by Conflict Dynamics.
About the course
The course consists of 5 full days of tuition, coaching and assessment, usually spread over a 6-day period. Delegates are coached in the mediation process and skills during the first three days, and assessed over the last two days. There is a day off in-between to reflect and absorb the learning and prepare for the assessments. The course outline can be viewed on our website.
There are, of course, no guarantees of work for accredited mediators, although as the field grows in South Africa these opportunities are opening up. The topic 'Marketing yourself and a mediator' is addressed on this course and CD Direct provides many opportunities for accredited mediators to find work and to continue to develop their skills.
This is a unique and potentially life-changing opportunity. Places are limited to 18 delegates, so apply as soon as possible and make a difference in your world.
Dates in 2020:
- Johannesburg - Sandton - 20, 21, 22 & 24 – 25 February 2020
- Cape Town - City centre – 7, 8, 9 & 11 - 12 May 2020
- Johannesburg - Sandton - 9, 10, 11 & 13 - 14 July 2020
- Johannesburg or Cape Town – 15, 16, 17 & 19 – 20 October 2020 – To be confirmed
Cost of 5-day course with CD accreditation
- R27,685.75 incl. VAT (R24,074. 56 ex VAT)
- Early bird discount of 10% if paid in full 2 months or more before the course commencement date. Discounted price R25,168.86 incl VAT (R21,885.97 ex VAT)
For this price you get
- course tuition, coaching and assessment
- a comprehensive course workbook;
- a copy of the recently published book Commercial Mediation: a User's Guide by Brand, Steadman and Todd;
- refreshments and meals on the course;
- listing on the Conflict Dynamics website when accredited;
- invitations to regular accredited mediator meetings for continuing, professional development;
- thumbnail JPEG logo which you can upload to your website, Facebook page, etc to advertise your accreditation.
Cost of independent CEDR accreditation